THEOLOGY PROPER: JUST WHO IS GOD ANYWAY?
(Looking Ahead to issue XL/2)
by Rev. Jefferson Vann
- The Fall 2014 issue will feature articles about the nature of God. We are looking for articles defending God’s nature as infinite, and also works that highlight his exclusive immortality.
- In the past, Advent Christians have debated the trinity. Articles on that issue (and/or its current significance) are welcomed as well.
- Perhaps someone would like to explain how the Bible presents God as manifesting both grace and justice?
- Perhaps someone would like to explain how God can be both eminent and transcendent at the same time?
- Exegetical essays on passages like these (usually considered as normative for theology proper) would be welcomed:
- Genesis 17:1
- Exodus 3:14-15
- Exodus 34:6-7
- Numbers 23:19
- Psalm 139:7-12
- Isaiah 5:16
- Matthew 3:16-17
- John 1:1-14
- 1 Timothy 6:15-16
- Hebrews 6:13-20
- 1 John 3:20.
- We continue to welcome contributions that reflect what Advent Christians are currently thinking about, regardless of the topic.
- What are you reading? Reviews of current books are always welcome.